Vegas.. Classic Fun and Friendship

Phew!  I think I've finally recovered from my weekend in Vegas!  Last week was pretty crazy with a long road trip, and then a quick flight to Vegas.  I think I was crazy trying to do so many things!
Vegas, my friends, was an AMAZING time.  I loved meeting so many people, sharing thoughts and ideas about TpT, but more importantly TEACHING!  I learned so many things, and had such a fabulous time.
I had a great time meeting up with some of my BBBs.  Diane from Fifth in the Middle was my roomie!
We are laughing in this photo, because we had just been photo-bombed by Erin from I'm Lovin Lit.
Sorry that one is blurry, I just couldn't resist!

We started the day with a keynote address by some of the behind the scenes people at TpT;  including the founder, Paul, who was so kind and friendly, and Deanna Jump.  She shared a really heartwarming story about why she started sellingon TpT, and I loved the prayer that she shared with us:  "God, if you show me the way, I will do the work."  It was really inspiring to see what a group of amazing minds can put together and create.

I was eager to start the sessions, with such an inspiring start to the day!
By far, my favorite session was Erin's from I'm Lovin Lit.  Even though I've known her for awhile, and we talk frequently, it was great to finally meet her.  She is funny, and amazing, and her husband is too. Her session was informative and I really went away with quite a few things to think about.  I know I will continue to learn from her.  

Here are a few of my BBBs at the Teacher's Happy Hour that TpT hosted.

 
Finally, it wouldn't be Vegas without the wonderfully weird, and wacky!  Check out this 80's rocker:  
I called him the Light-Bright Guy.. 
Plus I had a chance to go with Joanne {Head over Heels for Teaching} and Holly {Fourth Grade Flipper} to see Shania in concert... FABULOUS!

Stop by and visit A Burst of First and check out all of our Vegas fun!

5 comments

  1. Next year y'all better be on me more about going to this. JEALOUS is an understatement...you hear me??? XO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, roomie!! I had a blast hanging out with you and the others :) Erin's photo bomb cracks me up. When I get around to doing my write up, I'm sure it will be time for next year's conference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun meeting you and hanging out, Michele! Shania was AWESOME!! I'm thinking of you and getting used to your new home. You are one busy wife, mom, and teacher! :) XXOO
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like y'all had so much fun!! I love Erin's photobomb! Too funny!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it was a week ago already! Wahhh!! It was great to meet you although brief. Next year we will get our costumes together. I totally spaced on that! Vegas sucked my brain out. Thank you for linking up!
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will make every effort to respond back to you!

Back to Top