Back to School Score!


This morning I escaped, had a little time to stop in at Staples and pick up some of the great 25 cent deals that they have going on.  While perusing the aisles, and waiting for them to load up a bin of sharpie markers, I found these bad boys:
They simply hold paper clips, but I love them because they were only 50 cents and included the bag of paper clips.  I can't pass that good deal up.

I also, saw that Hobby Lobby had their Summer stuff at 80% off.  When I was perusing the aisles, I found this:
PIRATE HATS!!  Hello!  I have seriously been on a Teach Like A Pirate frenzy  since I started reading this book and finally took the plunge and signed up for Twitter. Now I have to convince my teammate to wear the second one I purchased.  Plus, we study the Middle Ages, and we usually create large crest shields during the unit, I thought these might make neat book marks when my lit groups read a Middle Ages theme novel.  I'm thinking they are large enough to have my Smarties create a shield for the character on the front, and do an analysis on the back.

Last, I went into JoAnn Fabrics.  Usually I venture in there when my mom is with me because SHE is one crafty lady, and well... I'm not.  But in their clearance section I found this:

These paper dolls were in the summer clearance too.  You get 15 of them in a package, and they were 70% off.  PLUS JoAnn's has a Teacher Rewards Program, so I saved another 15% on top of that!
Did you know you could sign up for JoAnn's program?
You can click on the picture or {HERE}  to check out all the benefits.. I love getting a discount at no cost to me! Woot!

What have you scored lately for Back to School?  Leave me a comment and let me know!
Also, if you are interested you can find me on Instagram {HERE} and on Twitter {HERE}










4 comments

  1. I'm surprised Staples still had some of their deals left. I am going to Office Max today so I hope they still have stuff in stock. And I love your pirate hats, I want to find some! I'm glad you joined Twitter, do you participate in the #tlap chats? If we aren't friends already add me, @sixthgradetales

    Have a good weekend!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great deals Michele! I'm in denial so I haven't been back to school shopping yet! LOL! Thanks for sharing what you found!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck getting your partner to wear the hat. I just started Teach Like a Pirate today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're shopping for curtain fabric today, so while I'm out, I'm also going to pick up the fabric to make the paint bucket stools. Thanks for the tip about the teacher discount at JoAnn's! I also need a bunch of plastic bins, so I'll look for those today as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will make every effort to respond back to you!

Back to Top